Democracy Collaborative Job Opening
Program Associate, Advisory Services
Location: Dupont Circle area of Washington, D.C.
Desired Start Date: late July/early August 2018
About the Position
The Democracy Collaborative (TDC) is a national research and action institute dedicated to creating a more democratic economy. We develop innovative models and pathways that engage institutions and catalyze networks to build community wealth and drive systemic change.
Community wealth building is a systems approach to economic development that creates an inclusive, sustainable economy built on locally rooted and broadly held. Our Advisory Services team serves as TDC’s in-house consulting firm and works across the country with groups of diverse stakeholders to catalyze, incubate, and accelerate local cross-sector place-based programs that build community wealth.
The Program Associate will join a dynamic team in which initiative is appreciated and supported, and a high volume of communication and collaboration is expected, especially concerning project deliverables.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Associate will have the following general duties and responsibilities, as well as other duties that may arise based on the demands of specific projects and project deliverables:
· Meeting and event logistics and coordination, including meeting scheduling, planning, building agendas and set up
· Assist the advisory team in tracking project deliverables and activities along with associated costs and timeframes for purposes of accountability to internal and external stakeholders, including funders and clients
· Contribute to reports, shorter research briefs and blogs, presentation materials, and other communications
· Assist with qualitative and quantitative research for advisory and other projects, such as interviews, focus groups, and data analysis
Desired qualifications include:
· Eagerness and enthusiasm for over-communication and collaborative problem-solving
· Highly organized with an attention to detail, especially with regards to dates, time and schedules
· Experience with program support, administration, event planning and logistics coordination
· A passion for influencing the influencers and bringing people together to affect change
· Ability to relate in meaningfully and quickly build relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, including the habit of active listening
· Mature interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated ability to work on and support high-functioning teams and move seamlessly between leading and following, including respectful collaboration and communication with lateral teammates as well as leadership
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for mission-oriented work
· Must be interested in, familiar with, and enthusiastic for transformative community economic development and the work of The Democracy Collaborative
A Bachelor's degree and at least 2 - 3 years of relevant work experience is required (e.g., community development, social enterprise/business development, planning and development. A strong commitment to social and economic justice is required.
The Democracy Collaborative is an Equal Opportunity Employer—people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
Job includes a generous benefits package including health care, three weeks of paid vacation per year, and an employer contribution to a 403(b) retirement plan.
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Send résumé/CV with references, a detailed cover letter regarding your interest in and desire to make a contribution to the kind of work being done by The Democracy Collaborative, and a relevant short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Advisory Services” in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
All application materials must be submitted as one PDF document, rather than as multiple attachments.