This month’s developments include:
- We release the public summary of our latest report, Healthcare Small Business Gap Analysis
- We announce the establishment of Anchors for Resilient Communities (ARC), a partnership with Health Care Without Harm and Emerald Cities Collaborative.
- The Next System Project is featured in The Nation, YES! Magazine and Orion Magazine. Articles in Grist and Next City highlight The Democracy Collaborative’s work in Cleveland, Baltimore, and Rochester. The cities of Philadelphia, Toronto and Preston, England launch anchor-based community wealth building strategies.
- New C-W City: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Recommended reads: Beyond Business as Usual: Putting Cooperation to Work in Austin, TX, Cooperation Texas; Our Kind of Town: A Financial Plan that Puts Chicago’s Communities First, The ReFund America Project, Roosevelt Institute; Successful Cooperative Ownership Transitions: Case Studies on the Conversion of Privately Held Businesses to Worker Cooperatives, Democracy at Work Institute and the University of Wisconsin Center for Cooperatives; Exploring Economic and Health Impacts of Local Food Procurement, Illinois Public Health Institute and the Crossroads Resource Center.
- Featured websites: Economics for Equity & Environment; Build Healthy Places Network